Sunday 3 February 2008

A day in london life.

I was in London almost a year back
where ppl say, life is so fast that mere mortals would crack!

Yes. I tend to agree,
but as usual only to certain degree!

So, let me describe to all of you,
a day of my life in London, less of city more of zoo.

Work was like girls in spain
but getting up early is always a pain!

Another 15 min wouldn't do any harm,
sweet sweet sleep, let me snooze the alarm.

while ironing, my mind would deliberate,
should I carry my lunch? or shall I take a sandwich to munch??

I would run to station to catch 8:10 London Bridge train,
but most of the time, my run would end in a vain!

Huffed puffed I used to run the London Bridge walk,
most of the times alone but sometimes with another Infy guy to talk!

Standing on Monument platform I would pray,
God!!! please help me blink over this another dull day.

Sitting at the desk, awfully bored I would think and crunch,
How come Vinish is so busy!!! why is he not sending any mails for Lunch?

At 12:15, he would come say "you guys carry on,
I am going to fitness first to improve my body tone."

At lunch, mukund would argue over chicken biryani,
"Sachin is no good now" was the standard kahani.
Subbu was my mate in this banter,
"Sachin is our saviour and the god" we would canter!

Time after lunch was so damn boring,
sometimes, I would hear Tim snoring.

Its 4:30 and Office is already empty,
Just now, Simon left with humpty and dumpty
Ya..ya I know, its 6'o Clock,
Time to turn on the PC lock.

Another London walk run,
but this time its fun.
Me and Mukund are running for a ferrari one two,
Mukund!! there is slow moving traffic, please help me shoo.
6:25 train to brighton used to be the target of the dash,
oops its on platform 6 instead of 8, run if you wanna catch!

"Next stop is east croydon, please mind the gap between the train and platform" a sweet voice would break my zen.
should I go to muks house or to my den?
Its so damn cold, i need some aag,
I better hit home and cook some saag. (bad rhyme, I know)

At home, after the standard net surfing,
what should I do next? I would be cringing.

One day, when everything was dull and boring,
A thought came that I should start blogging.
As usual with my style,
out came some blogs in no while.

But then I was bored again, and I got lazy,
no topics to blog, things were again dull and hazy.

Now, almost a year since then.
I got a feeling that I should blog again.
so, here am I writing.
this small piece which I think is rhyming.
Hope that this time unlike last
i would keep blogging regularly and fast.

Thanks for your patience,
Ashish Sharma

3 comments:

Manish Ahluwalia said...

Dude...u r d best! i am telling ya..take dis seriously...coz dis is a gift dat u have, dis kindda writing is a piece of art! Am telling u..take it seriously or keep it casual..u have to keep posting such beautiful postings coz i am one of the biggest fan u would ever have :)
Cheers!!!

Manisha said...

ashish, very nice. bahut acha likha hai. keep posting such interesting things. aur tumko yaad hai na ki tumne mera thesis bhi likhna hai.......

Onlooker said...

Hmmm....finally, I got some time to write something here.
Nice writeup partner..I must say, in person you just dont show these kinda thoughts, so sometimes it becomes difficult to visualise you writing this kinda stuff.
Keep up the good work.. Shayad kabhi vishwas ho hi jaye.. hehe..

online degrees and programs